OAD 5: Street Fighter IV

Ok, so recently I started playing Street Fighter IV. It originally started out as an article idea, which I feel pretty sated with how it turned out. Read it and comment, it makes me feel warm and gooey inside (and can forget I have no professional paid for career). Anyway, since finishing that piece I've returned to playing it quite regularly with a weird determination. I always hate fighter controls, as panicking around trying to input the move you want just to get frustrated when you move the joystick a little too far isn't a good time. It also makes me think less of people who take the time to master such fiddly controls.



It's also introduced to me a competitive side that I don't particularly cater for normally. SFIV is intense, one on one matches against people smug in their own technique. I'm not aiming to win nor do I want to be the best, I'm aiming to make them look as big a fool as possible for wanting to win so much. I mean, smack talking to me with a badly spelled name tag and trying to bring me down. It's just so hard not to get drawn into bitterly matching them at their own game, rather than enjoying yourself.

Smack talk is just something I'll never get I suppose. I understand the pyschological intentioning behind it all, but it makes me pity rather than drawn to anger. It reminds me of Mohammed Ali, most people bloody adore him but I detest the guy. People admire him for his smack talk and the psychological game he played as well as his fighting prowess. But although calling your opposing fighter in the middle of the night and leaving threats before a match might work, it just has no sense of fun or respect.

The best matches I've had in SFIV have been against other Dan players. That feeling when I see somebody else pick Dan just brings an elated smile to my face. The fights can be just as tough and arduous as against the usual dunder headed move spammer, but we have an actual mutual respect. To be able to have a taunt off in the middle of a fight before jumping back into the fray makes me feel better than any victory where I've been hollowed out by frustration beforehand.

Any other time I've played SFIV the game has felt rude and hostile. Another faceless person po-facedly playing the game with a burning determination to win, before parting without a word. Every single Dan player I've come up against however has been pleasantly chatty, recieving and sending messages of "Saikyo Power!" putting me in the right mood to get on with my day.

I have no idea what the point of this post was. One a Day for you!

16 comments:

  1. Others such as tomato paste, modified food starch, salt,
    yeast extract, caramel color, hydrolized soy
    protein, hydrolized yeast protein, beef fat, flavoring, hydrolyzed wheat gluten,
    dextrose are ingredients containing hidden MSG. According to these sites,
    the batteries and other accessories you'll need can be purchased inexpensively on auction sites. As a matter of fact, most recipes are long cooking ones that require several hours of cooking time to complete.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog ... http://dugrecession.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sonicare E7300 is also packaged with
    a travel case and hygienic travel cap. Do it little by little and
    cautiously because the bleach might get accidentally on your
    clothing or nearly anything that is bordering you.
    Like most non-rechargeables, the Arm & Hammer Spinbrush Pro comes with just two
    brush movements, spinning and side-to-side.

    my website free dental care columbus ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such measures are not only natural and easy-to-follow, but also relatively inexpensive.
    This natural skin care ingredient works in 2 ways; by
    relaxing your skin to smooth out wrinkles and by re-densifying your skin
    to permanently reduce the appearance of wrinkles. You can also run
    the product that you are interested in with your family doctor or dermatologist.


    Here is my web page; didaktik.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working all of these muscle fibers will lead to larger and more defined shoulders.
    Place your hands resolutely on the ground next to you.
    In a half squatting position your torso is as vertical
    as possible.

    Also visit my webpage :: elliptical exercise

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you use this together with your wall mirror, you'll be able to see all sides of your face and ensure an even shave. It's black
    and silver casing is tough and durable if not a little cheap looking.

    That is the confession of a panasonic electric razors junkie.



    Also visit my blog post: shaver

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only problem I see with this Braun Series 7 is that it is quite expensive
    for most. If you want to eliminate your hair bumps, and do not have money for laser surgery, try the following
    steps. Dull, dirty razor blades are the leading cause of nicks and cuts.



    Feel free to visit my website - http://www.xhamster.org.uk/Effie4008

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a few things we need to go over real quick.
    Because if Mitt takes office, sooner or later,
    the zombies will come for all of us. People will be taking Darwin's Theory to the next level and may even slay you just for supplies.

    My web-site: the walking dead showtimes

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are many different types available depending on your particular medical needs.
    Wrenches are considered one of the handiest tools used by mechanics.
    Of course you'll find some comparable actions to take with keeping your new equipment in correct working order which includes the diverse ways to check the compressor parts and oils levels.

    My page - rol air compressors

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Belgian waffle maker by Durabrand is a mere $7.
    This is a recipe for a Belgian waffle that is truly a sweet, sumptuous and nutty concoction.
    Maybe you've recently had a child, or other life event.

    Feel free to visit my weblog vitantonio belgian waffle maker

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't paint the chalkboard paint or you won't be able to write on it.

    It really draws out their creativity. Check with a good search engine to find a free website that permits
    you to post photographs and videos.

    Here is my homepage: gerber coupons

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Valor Fitness BG-11 10 Pair Dumbbell Rack comes with protective rubber
    base caps and four angled iron beams. Discover
    additional about developing your Biceps and triceps by way of completing beneficial
    workouts and maintaining a appropriate diet regime.
    Preventing repetitive stress injuries through exercise will also help prevent this kind of problem on the job.


    my homepage: dumbbell workouts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go for a cheap air compressor for your workshop -
    Go to different shops to compare prices before buying air
    compressor. With the reservoir filled, plug
    the spray gun into either an electrical outlet or an air compressor.
    AFCThe purpose of this device is to generate electrical power by using
    the lifting power of air rising in water.

    Have a look at my website :: web page

    ReplyDelete
  13. t have all day to work out (I sure don. This is also an upward
    rowing type of shoulder exercise except that your hands are wider than shoulder width.
    Perform this workout mostly to build wider, larger, broader shoulder muscles.


    Feel free to visit my web-site ... foods to help lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot of people have dumbbells scattered throughout their fitness rooms and sometimes
    times have got to locate the correct amount of weight before they're able to begin with their do exercises routine. By doing this I can work out one body part at a time with a hundred percent effort and still fully recover to work out my major muscle groups the next week. Nowadays, the Bowflex produces the optimum durability creating exercise and has special designs in comparison to other machines.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage gamed-community.de

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is important to put some thought into what type of toothbrush you are going to be using on a
    daily basis. For people who brush their teeth more often, the bristles
    may begin to wear out sooner than expected. Even children themselves will get to see the difference, as
    their teeth look brighter and feel smoother and thus, cleaner.


    Here is my web blog: best electric toothbrush

    ReplyDelete
  16. And this is the perfect place to do it. Then put your family video
    up there ON PRIVATE - so that only your family can see the video.
    Every time I go into A.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage; michaels coupon

    ReplyDelete